Playpal Global Sdn Bhd [Registration No. 1396761-D], is committed to conduct all of its business in an honest and ethical manner by implementing and enforcing systems that ensure bribery and corruption is prevented.
We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and we are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all business dealings and will constantly uphold all laws relating to anti-bribery and corruption.
Playpal Global Sdn Bhd is bound by the laws of Malaysia, including the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (Amendment) Act 2018 and this policy is issued in line with the Guidelines on Adequate Procedures to Section 17A (5) of the MACC Act 2009.
As an associated person of Playpal Global Sdn Bhd, you are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by the policy, observing and upholding the same zero-tolerance position on bribery and corruption. Any engagement in any bribery or corrupt practices or activities will result in severe negative consequences including disciplinary action and prosecution under the MACC Act 2009.
- SCOPE AREA
- This Policy applies in all countries and regions where the Company operates and applies to all individuals who work at any level in the Company, including other parties who have cooperation with the Company.
- Bribery occurs when a person or entity offers, pays or receives money, gifts or other benefits to / from third parties to influence business results or the personal interests of the other party.
- POLICY ARTICLES
- To not accept or receive any gift in any form from Third Parties.
- To not offer or transfer any gift in any form to Third Parties.
- To not give, transfer, promise or offer any gift, money, invitation, service or hospitality to Public Officials or Third Parties for any purpose.
- To report any offer or transfer of a gift, money invitation, service or hospitality to the employee, including suspected attempted act or act of Bribery or Corruption.
- To acknowledge that the prevention, detection and reporting of any attempt act or act of Bribery and Corruption is the responsibility of the employee.
- To acknowledge that any employee who violates this Policy will be subject to disciplinary action, which can result in termination of employment.
- To agree that this Policy must be read in conjunction with the Company Code of Conduct.
- GIFTS, ENTERTAINMENT AND HOSPITALITY
- Providing Gifts
- “Corporate gifts” normally bear the company’s name and logo and are of nominal / appropriate value such as diaries, table calendars, pens, notepads and plaques.
- “Festive or Ceremonial gifts” are traditional treats or gifts customary to the occasion such as hampers, mandarin oranges, dates, mooncakes etc.
- Corporate gifts, Festive or Ceremonial gifts may be given to our customers, Business Partners or other parties provided it fulfils all of the following conditions:
- made for the right reason – it should be clearly given as an act of appreciation or common courtesy associated with festive seasons or other ceremonial occasions
- no obligation – it must not be used to cause or induce the receiver to improperly or illegally influence any business action or inaction or cause others to perceive an improper influence
- no expectation – there must not be any expectation of any favour or improper advantages from the receiver
- made openly – if made secretly and undocumented then the purpose will be open to question
- legal – it complies with applicable laws; and PlayPal Global Sdn Bhd
- Accepting gifts
- Playpal Global Sdn Bhd recognizes that exchanges of are a very delicate matter where, in certain cultures or situations, gifts giving is customary, a tradition or central part of business etiquette.
- Employees and Business Associates are expected to always communicate our policies on anti-bribery and anti-corruption to external parties and to decline (or avoid accepting) gifts
- Employees and Business Associates must not directly or indirectly solicit for gifts from any party for themselves, family or for or on behalf of Playpal Global Sdn Bhd
- Employees (or anyone on their behalf) must not accept gifts in the form of cash or cash equivalent from any party having business dealings with Playpal Global Sdn Bhd
- DONATIONS AND SPONSORSHIP
- Prohibition of donation/contribution to political parties or individual politicians. Employees and Business Associates must not make donation or funding of any kind to political parties or individual politicians or towards political campaigns or initiatives for or on behalf of Playpal Global Sdn
- Charitable or Educational Donations and Sponsorships Playpal Global Sdn Bhd will only provide charitable or educational donations and public welfare sponsorships if they are ethical and legal under applicable laws. All donation and sponsorship expenses must be approved in accordance with Playpal Global Sdn Bhd standard operating procedures
- Employees and Business Associates must never use donations or sponsorships to obtain business or advantage of any kind or unduly influence the outcome of a business decision or cause others to perceive it as such. The use of donations or sponsorships in this manner is strictly prohibited under this Policy.
- The company will periodically evaluate all policies including this Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy and policies relating to the systems of reporting to ensure effective implementation. The Quality Control department will report to the Managing Director regarding the application of this Policy, and will do so at least once per year.